Tips to create an effective mobile website design
Mobile websites are browser-based internet services that can be accessed through smaller devices like smartphones and tablets. It aims to make a responsive design that will enable users to navigate the site easily. A good mobile website design should portray the layout which is suitable for smaller screens and can easily be accessed using any mobile device’s web browsers such as Safari and Chrome.
Designs are expected to be mobile-friendly which means that it should display graphics and texts correctly when the site is accessed on handheld devices. Designs should show message and context clearly so that needed information are easily read. Mobile website designs are effective if the photos and texts are suitable to be fitted in screens that are just 1/5 of the desktop. Web sites on mobile devices are used to connect with social networks, surfing the internet for new information as well as shopping and making purchases.
There are different ways to create an effective and essentially navigable mobile websites. These are some of the tips to make designs suitable for smaller devices:
- Consider evolving technology – mobile website designers should create a design that will be suited to all sorts of devices which may be invented over the course for the years. Designers must think about the future and assess if the design will still be worth investing in even after the release of new technological devices.
- Know the target audience – designers should understand their target market and know who they are creating the site for. Knowing the age or work bracket may help the designers create a suitable site which will appeal to the market’s visual preference.
- Maintain the core content of the website – users usually use their mobile devices to continue to continue the tasks they left on their desktops. Therefore, the aim of mobile website designs is to portray a continuous journey across devices by making the site an exact reflection of the desktop version. At this turn of the century, most of the people are always on the go. Therefore, mobile websites should retain the content for both devices to make to make it more convenient for users to transfer from one device to the other.
- Consider compatibility and fragmentation – devices have various types of operating systems and each one functions differently. Designers should make sure that created websites are compatible with iOS and android. Designs are expected to function with the latest versions of the system.
- Deliver content quickly – good designs should display the content immediately to keep the user’s attention within the website. Immediately mediated information keeps the site visitor interested. Designs should maintain a clean and elegant
- Choose the right web font – use fonts that will sharpen the design more. Make sure to make it readable even on small devices. It is important to maintain the responsiveness of typography to maintain readability.
- Make the site navigable – consider the sizes of button and make sure that the site is completely navigable with one thumb. It should not require pinching and zoom in. Designs must make targets large enough to be easily selectable. This characteristic will remove any complaints on accidental taps and will further improve user experience.
These are just some of the tips to create and effective and mobile-friendly design. The functionality and easy navigability is the key to creating a widely used and visited website. Users are more keen to explore websites that are easy to access and the ones that are immediately displaying the information that they are looking for. Understanding the world of mobile website designing is important for growing businesses and any other functions and purpose of the website created.