How to do Social Bookmarking: A step by step guide.
Social bookmarking is a great way to save social media links and send them at your own convenience to friends and family. It is a great way for people to notice your website. There are a lot of advantages of social bookmarking:
- Easily accessible.
- Increase in brand awareness.
- Makes browsing easier.
- Increase in traffic.
In order to do social bookmarking, follow these easy steps.
- Select a social bookmarking site. Each site provides a different outlook. You can work on one site or utilize a combination of them. Some include Twitter, Reddit, Pinterest and StumbleUpon. Create an account on one of these sites. It’s free!
- Upload links and bookmark pages. This process may vary from site to site, but you would have to cut and paste the desired link into the upload space on the profile of the chosen site.
- Connect to social media. It would be easier to link your Facebook and Google+ to your desired social bookmarking site to keep track of your interests.
- Tag the links. Tag the links when you have uploaded the bookmarks on to the sites by using specific keywords.
- Use for SEO. It is not possible to increase traffic just by doing social bookmarking. You need to go for search engine optimization. Use keywords that would land you on the top search results of Google. Also, use popular keywords to tag your links. Social bookmarking sites often indicate which keywords are most popular. Tag with these words and see how fast your traffic improves.
Social bookmarking may seem a thing just for fun but it can generate revenue for you if done properly. With the help of social bookmarking, your website can easily be noticed by the web crawlers that use the same method. This will increase your ranking along with the traffic!